Whether you have a dog, or a cat, or both, there is a lot to learn about your companion animal.
In the following pages, you will find some basic information that will answer many general questions. For specific questions, particularly concerning your pet’s health, please consult your veterinarian.
Emergency Veterinary Care
- ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center Emergency Hotline 24 hours a day, 7 days per week: 1-888-4ANI-HELP (1-888-426-4435)
- BluePearl Specialty and Emergency Veterinary Care in Illinois
- Golf Rose Animal Hospital
If you have found a stray cat or dog, or you have found a pet that appears to be “lost” DO NOT contact PACT Humane Society as we cannot directly accept them.
For DuPage County residents, contact the DuPage County Animal Control center in Wheaton, or contact your local police department’s non-emergency number.
We also recommend that you contact DCAC for pets that were not originally adopted from PACT, but that are in need of a new home.
We are unable to provide short term or long term foster care services for pets whose owners are no longer able to care for them.
- DuPage County Animal Control – County & Police Holding Facilities (for towns in and around DuPage County, IL)
- Flealess Market’s Lost Pets International – Illinois page
- Petwork Lost & Found Pets – Illinois page
Animal Health & Behavior
- ASPCA Ani-Med
- The American Veterinary Medical Association’s Pet Owner’s Guide to Animal Health
- Vetinfo (for cats and dogs)
- Cats International
- American Heartworm Society
- Compassion Over Killing
- Illinois Department of Agriculture Bureau of Animal Welfare (Humane Investigations)
- South Suburban Humane Society (Email to investigator: Abuse Investigation
- Showing Animals Respect and Kindness (S.H.A.R.K.)
- Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)
- American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA)